Sunday 31 March 2013

Week 6 - Instructional Design Model


This week we:
  • Explored the role of learning technologist.
  • Looked at using different methodologies (OTARA) and designed a learning object in groups.
  • Reviewed the results of other groups and in class one of the group presented your work.
The learning technologist plays a very important role in design of the pedagogy. We had beautiful classroom session on how to design the OTARA model. We learnt to use a document collaboratively and to share our thoughts in a team to construct a instructional design.
The lecture Steph took us through various experiences of intructional design.
We also had a exposure to moodle design and made me motivated to use EIT moodle design for my DLT final assessment. It was a good hand on experience which I would love to take further. It showed instructional design needs a lot of planning, sharing and collaborative work even to design a small design. In the last we shared our work with the class which opened my idea process on instructional designs and broadened my creative angle to it

It has almost motivated to think this also as a career path, and the result of my final assessment will give me final indication on whether I should take it further.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Prashin

    Good to hear that you enjoyed the class and that this maybe something you may take up in the future. Unfortunately i was not in class for this project and reading about what others have to say i did it online and thought i was good but the others had to say that where there seems more inspirational can you give me your thoughts on this thank you.

    ReplyDelete